Welcome to Project 52 - a personal photo blog containing a photo a week for an entire year. I may even share more if I'm feeling spunky. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 9

Owen and I had our first trip of the year to the zoo last week. It was a nice day out so I picked him up from school and we headed downtown, against his wishes. :) Luckily, I know him and of course he had fun once we got there. Its about time to renew our membership. I was up in the air about if we should or not, but after our trip last week I decided we definitely should. Zoo trips are getting so much easier with him and we both always have fun. We both needed the fresh air and fun we had. Hopefully daddy can go with us next time and I can spend more time in the free fly bird exhibit. O just wasn't having it. Here's a few I was able to capture in our short stay in there.


After the birds, we went to the carousel. I'm so glad there are still nice people in the world. I only had $1 cash on me, and tokens are $2 each. I simply told the attendants that I only had $1 and they let us both ride! I was thrilled because I was going to be heartbroken for O if we couldn't ride. We'd been talking about it for a while. He looks a little scared here.

And one of my favorites from the day. I was able to capture the two of us on the carousel in a mirror reflection. This is typically how you will find us - him exploring the world, and me with a camera in front of my face documenting it. :)

After the merry-go-round we headed to the play area. After I went down the huge slide with him once, he did it all by himself a few more times. He's getting so big & it makes me proud. There's also a padded jump around area there. Its the last place we hit up before the zoo closed for the day.


The trip was short and sweet and I can't wait to go back. I also signed Owen up for swimming lessons and soccer last week. Let the activities begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment