Welcome to Project 52 - a personal photo blog containing a photo a week for an entire year. I may even share more if I'm feeling spunky. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 8

You may recall me mentioning a few weeks back that I wanted to paint some rooms in the house. I made like Nike and just did it a few weeks ago! Amazingly, Owen behaved really well and let me work on it most of the afternoon. I/we painted our dining room and the office and I'm so happy with the outcome! Since the paint job I've been wanting to take some photos of O with the new wall in the background. Yesterday I flung open the blinds and got to it. Initally--these are not what I had in mind. Its funny though because the outcome is always as it should be. I love them and plan to use them in his alphabet book for the letter C. He wouldn't put his camera down. So as I was taking pictures of him, he was doing the same of me. This weeks are my little budding photog in training....some of him, and then one from his little camera to show you what he was taking pics of.






I downloaded all the pictures off his camera yesterday and it is quite comical seeing his view of the world. There's lots of heads chopped off and nose picking caught on camera...of the entire extended family. Pretty funny. ;)

6 comments:

  1. My son is the same holding the camera at some very querky angles and always just managing to get the subject in the frame some how.

    A cute set of portraits and well done on getting the decorating done. I wish my son was as helpful, he usually pinches the brushes and starts decorating elsewhere in the house.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! Where have you been??? lol. I've missed you. Owen is as cute as ever! I love your new blog! Where did you find your paper? I like hte style. Yes, I bring my photos in from flickr. I size the long side to 800px. I think you would need to change up your layout so that the "About Me" and the things below that show up at the bottom. I'm actually in the process of maybe switching my whole layout to follow a tutorial I found on CM's by Nance (don't know her last name). She used Simple in blogger and then customized a few things, like making the width wider, changed layout, etc. It looks really professional and is free! If you can't find it on CM, PM me there (I think I'm lflick there) and I'll send you a link to that tutorial. The images from Flickr fit perfectly there, you just need to center them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I love freshly painted walls. :o)
    Funny....I didn't put two and two together....I saw this post on CM and now here....I follow your blog...duh!

    And Laurie was excited to see your post, I think. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable series - love it! The wall looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! :) I get a kick out of seeing Lexi's perspective when I upload her photos too (she has our very old kodak easy share)

    Love the wall colour!

    ReplyDelete